Pageviews last month

Thursday, July 14, 2011

What is Value? How can it help you succeed?

 Definitions of Value:

- Relative worth, merit, or importance
- To consider with respect to worth, excellence, usefulness, or importance
- To regard or esteem highly 

When I started focusing on what it takes to be successful in life and business, the first thing that came to mind was a simple question: "How do you measure success"? Well....since success is relative to each of our personal beliefs and goals, I began to realize that "Value" was my focus to become successful. To me, the meaning of value is very powerful and building it is the essence of my approach to being a champion in life and business. 

If you focus on "building value in life and business," your goals will become more defined and specific approaches can be created that will ultimately lead to success. 

The first and most important step is to understand what it is that an individual or company values. Obviously each and every situation is different, and what one person/company values might not be the same as the other - however, understanding each of them will allow you to prepare for "Building Value" and consequently increase your importance, relative worth, merit, level of excellence, usefulness, etc. 


When you are of value to someone, a group, a friend or a business - you are putting yourself in a situation to win a success and accomplish a goal. Whether you are in a business facing situation trying to win a contract, going to an interview attempting to win employment or establishing a desired friendship - the bottomline is that everyone looks for value, and it happens sub-consciously most of the time. 


I have found that when I "Build Value" with people and/or my clients, the outcomes are consistently favorable. At the stage of winning a success, It not only becomes a success for me because I got what I want, but a success for everyone because I was able to connect to "what they value" and offer something just as favorable for them. When outcomes are not what I had wished to see, I either failed to build value effectively or I mis-read what it is that they truly value. 


I am starting to realize that not everyone or everything is a fit.....and that's OK. However, this philosophy has been very helpful in leveraging my personal and business goals and ultimately has been the vehicle to many of my successes. 

Kicker note: Don't forget that "Value" changes; and what was once valued might not be anymore. So we inherit the responsibility to always reassess and monitor where the value is. 


Welcome to my blog - cornerofchampions.blogspot.com. It is my personal passion to inspire; and through this blog I am thankful for the opportunity to share fun, exciting and inspirational perspectives that will empower you daily to achieve your goals. 


Bookmark my blog and make it a point to check in daily, you never know when I will share something fresh and current or have special guests that can brighten your day.


Thanks for checking in,
Brandon Brodzky

1 comment:

  1. Well put big guy, I look forward to more post
    from you.

    Adam Kern

    ReplyDelete